So you’ve decided it’s time to take advantage of technology in a hosted environment. You’re tired of the in-house infrastructure requirements and the demand of seemingly never-ending maintenance. You hesitate, but don’t worry; it’s not just you – the thought of relinquishing total control makes many of our clients think twice. Managed hosting, however, allows you to maintain control over your core operational functions while letting someone else help mitigate your business risk through the procurement, testing, upgrading, and monitoring of hardware, along with physical security, backup services, and business continuity planning.
The advantages of a hosted solution are widely known – “highly efficient and cost-effective.” But what does that really mean? Let’s talk through the key advantages:
- Lower upfront costs – you won’t need to purchase additional hardware or manage onsite software installation. Instead these burdens will be handled by IT experts who deal with optimizing this hardware and software with the nuances of it.
- Simplified maintenance – you won’t be hassled with behind the scenes maintenance for hardware and software.
- Easier upgrades – upgrades will be scheduled at regular intervals to minimize potential disruptions to your business.
- Security safeguards – hosted in a high-quality, professionally managed data center with multiple security features designed to safeguard anticipated threats and hazards.
- System monitoring – you can rest assured that your infrastructure will be monitored 24x7x365 to support optimal performance.
- Greater ROI –everyone talks about increasing ROI with a hosted solution, but really, what is the return? As noted above you’ll reduce IT support costs and increase your team’s efficiency, because they can be redeployed to do higher value work and won’t be bottlenecked with hardware and software maintenance and upgrades.
Hosting does more than free up IT resources: “It ensures that our system is well taken care of and always running at its best. It’s awesome.”
Why not spend more time managing your business while an outside expert manages your system?
Tempted to learn more? For more information about the benefits of managed hosting services, or to talk through what it would look like for your firm, don’t hesitate to email me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martin Sreba has been with Advent since 2000, holding a variety of senior roles in product services and sales. Currently he leads business development and integration planning between SS&C and Advent solutions.